Saturday, August 18, 2007

Aliyah Writes her First Russian Composition

Below is a picture of Aliyah's first short composition in Russian.

And this is after Ella corrected and graded it. A-!!! (Ella is a tough grader.)

Translated into English, it reads:
My House
"I sleep in my room. I sleep on my bed. Also, on my bed, I read books and magazines. I sleep with two pillows on my bed. My dog is deceased, but when he was living, he slept on my bed.
In my room there are drawers, a mirror, a lamp, and a window. Last year, I did not sleep in my room because I lived in New York.
In my house there is a kitchen. In my kitchen there are sinks, an oven, a table, chairs, a window, and a refrigerator. Yesterday, I ate breakfast in my kitchen. I want to eat a banana in my kitchen. Yum! Do you want a banana too? I invite you to my house to eat a banana in my kitchen."

And here are Ella and I after a Russian lesson. She was flattered that I invited her over for a banana in my kitchen.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

....and here is to many good conversations with Belarusians in the coming year! Have fun :O)
mom

Unknown said...

It's not that I was tough or not, it's about the obvious time and work you put in. =)
You're awesome!
Элла

Unknown said...

It's not that I was tough or not, but it's the obvious time and work you put in.
You're awesome! Молодец!
Ella

Matt said...

То реально холодно (gotta love babelfish, I have no idea what I just wrote, but I fed the Russian back through babelfish and got "That is actually cold")

Anyway, I added your blog to my links list which can be found at mattrutta.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Мой русский не хороший ,

but the deep meaning of the piece touched me (-:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.